By Alexandra Juhasz,Alisa Lebow
A significant other to modern Documentary Film provides a suite of unique essays that discover significant concerns surrounding the country of present documentary motion pictures and their ability to encourage and influence change.
- Presents a finished selection of essays with regards to all points of latest documentary films
- Includes approximately 30 unique essays by means of most sensible documentary movie students and makers, with every one thematic grouping of essays sub-edited by means of significant figures within the field
- Explores numerous issues vital to modern documentary filmmakers and the examine of documentary movie – the planet, migration, paintings, intercourse, virus, faith, conflict, torture, and surveillance
- Considers a large range of documentary movies that fall outdoor normal canons, together with foreign and avant-garde documentaries offered in a number of media
Read Online or Download A Companion to Contemporary Documentary Film PDF
Similar film & video art books
Initially released in 1988, The 'I' of the digital camera has develop into a vintage within the literature of movie. providing possible choices to the viewing and feedback of movie, William Rothman demanding situations readers to consider movie in adventurous ways in which are extra open to video clips and our event of them. In a chain of eloquent essays studying specific motion pictures, filmmakers, genres and events, and the 'Americanness' of yank movie, Rothman argues compellingly that video clips have inherited the philosophical standpoint of yankee transcendentalism.
Stalinism and Soviet Cinema marks the 1st try and confront systematically the function and effect of Stalin and Stalinism within the historical past and improvement of Soviet cinema. the gathering presents accomplished assurance of the antecedents, position and outcomes of Stalinism and Soviet cinema, how Stalinism emerged, what the connection used to be among the political management, the cinema directors, the film-makers and their motion pictures and audiences, and the way Soviet cinema is coming to phrases with the disintegration of validated buildings and mythologies.
This moment quantity of Alfred Hitchcock’s reflections on his lifestyles and paintings and the paintings of cinema comprises fabric lengthy out of print, now not simply available, and every now and then forgotten or unknown. Edited by way of Sidney Gottlieb, this new number of interviews, articles with the good director's byline, and "as-told-to" items presents an enlivening standpoint on a profession that spanned seven many years and reworked the heritage of cinema.
Poet, novelist, dramatist, polemicist, and filmmaker Pier Paolo Pasolini is still the most influential intellectuals of post-war Italy. In Pasolini: The Sacred Flesh, Stefania Benini examines his corporeal imaginative and prescient of the sacred, targeting his immanent interpretation of the Christian doctrine of the Incarnation and the “sacred flesh” of Christ in either ardour and dying because the subproletarian flesh of the outcast on the margins of capitalism.
- Jamie Lee Curtis: Scream Queen
- Green Screen Made Easy: Keying and Compositing Techniques for Indie Filmmakers
- Cine-Ethnography (Visible Evidence)
- SHOWMANSHIP: THE CINEMA OF WILLIAM CASTLE
- The Persona of Ingmar Bergman: Conquering Demons through Film
- White Gypsies: Race and Stardom in Spanish Musicals
Extra resources for A Companion to Contemporary Documentary Film