By Jean-Pierre Serre
Read or Download Algebraic Groups and Class Fields (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar group theory books
The topic of this booklet is an exposition of connections among representations of finite partly ordered units and abelian teams. Emphasis is positioned all through on class, an outline of the items as much as isomorphism, and computation of illustration sort, a degree of whilst type is possible.
Supermanifolds and Supergroups explains the fundamental components of large manifolds and tremendous Lie teams. It starts off with large linear algebra and follows with a remedy of large delicate services and the elemental definition of a brilliant manifold. while discussing the tangent package deal, integration of vector fields is taken care of in addition to the equipment of differential kinds.
During this e-book, standard buildings are de ned as periodic constructions including repeated components (translational symmetry) in addition to buildings with a geom- ric symmetry. average buildings have for a very long time been attracting the eye of scientists through the intense fantastic thing about their varieties.
Mixing algebra, research, and topology, the examine of compact Lie teams is likely one of the most pretty parts of arithmetic and a key stepping stone to the idea of basic Lie teams. Assuming no past wisdom of Lie teams, this publication covers the constitution and illustration thought of compact Lie teams.
- Fundamentals of Modern Algebra:A Global Perspective
- Direct Sum Decompositions of Torsion-Free Finite Rank Groups (Chapman & Hall/CRC Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- Algebraic K-theory of Crystallographic Groups: The Three-Dimensional Splitting Case (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Reflections on Quanta, Symmetries, and Supersymmetries
- Cellular Automata and Groups (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
Additional resources for Algebraic Groups and Class Fields (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)